Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Reminiscing

My Grandpa LB and Grandma Perl
Her name was Danni Perl

After reading http://oklahome.blogspot.com/ post this morning it got me to reminiscing of my Pollard family.
This week we lost another aunt. Aunt Christine was married to my mother's brother Otis. My mother's name is Margaret Geneva. She was a Pollard Okie from Eufaula/Onapa area. The Pollard's were a big family of 14-1 children to L B and Perl. There are only 4 surviving girls now. The rest are in the Checotah cemetery.




Most of the Pollard family with Maternal Grandma Mangrum and Paternal Grandma Pollard
Some of the Pollard sisters

Aunt Christine
May you rest now in sweet peace
My sweet sweet Grandma Perl Pollard
Look at that dried and cracked Oklahoma dirt
My mother Margaret Geneva and daddy Herbert Funk
Would have celebrated 59 years together Feb. 17th

No, this is not the Joad Family of the Grapes of Wrath
It's some of Pollards

more later...

2 comments:

Kathie Truitt said...

Thank you for sharing. Nothing I enjoy more than old black and white family snapshots.

Kelly said...

Kathie, I was blessed with a wonderful loving family. I had well over 50 first cousins on the Pollards side. We have a family reunion every year in Sept. Lots of food, hugs and kisses. It's great!
Thanks for your comment.
Kelly

September 26, 2023 What Happened in the Last 4 years

It's been awhile.  So, so much has happened since I last posted. Actually, a lot has happened since the year 2019.  Little Tiger was bor...