Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Crazy Ready for Fall

I wish I could say..."Look at all the pumpkins we grew this year"!
But, no. It was just too hot all summer.
Besides being too hot there were a lot of mean bugs that wanted to kill and destroy any green vegetation around the Bunderosa.

So this year I will have to resort to:

THE FAKE PUMPKIN!


I am finding that fake pumpkins are very expensive these days. I believe they were priced around $22 at Michaels and Hobby Lobby. Sheesh!

I found some cute ones at my friendly Walmart for $4.97. Not too bad.

Last weekend my sweet daughter and I decided we wanted new Fall wreaths. Again, we visited Hobby Lobby and found their wreaths were as high as $200! Are you kidding me?!
No way, Hozay! Then I remembered that there were some wild grapevines growing on the Bunderosa. So daughter and I bought up some fall garland, pumpkins and flowers at said Hobby Lobby and headed back home.

"We will make our own "dern" wreaths" we proclaimed!

Here she is with her grapevine wreath. She did not want hers very thick because she has a glass door in front of her main door that would not shut properly.
Isn't she so cute!


This one is hers.
I like her glittery pumpkins.

This one is mine. I added a few peacock feathers for extra color.
I will probably add some pumpkins and gourds later.
I got tired and lazy. haha

The ancient red door is mine. It needs painting. Any volunteers?


A SPECIAL REMINDER!
Just a few more days to wear those cute white shoes.
Note: Obviously, this foot is not mine.
Not my shade of nail polish.


6 comments:

The Musical Gardener said...

Your husband needs to have his colours redone - not his shade either;)

I'm impressed with your ingenuity and frugality in doing your own wreaths. We have a big grapevine wreath that we wound a few years ago. Every year at Christmas we just go get some greenery (pine and cedar) on the property, and add a bow. Presto we have the big $200 wreath between the garage doors for.......nada.

Amanda said...

I will paint your door next week! I actually laughed when I saw the white shoes pictures!! I think those are yours. Anyway, our wreaths are gorgeous!!! We did good!

kclily said...

Your wreaths are beautiful. Far better than what they have in the big box stores.

Kelly said...

@The Musical Gardener...Funny comment about the husband. hehe
@Amanda...I think I want to paint the door mustard color. Would that be weird?
@Kathy... thank you!

Amanda said...

No that would be cool!!! Do you have the paint? I have some if you want me to bring it next week!

Kathie Truitt said...

Kelly, My house is white and pink? Where oh where can I find white pumpkins? (I guess pink is too much to ask for, huh?)

September 26, 2023 What Happened in the Last 4 years

It's been awhile.  So, so much has happened since I last posted. Actually, a lot has happened since the year 2019.  Little Tiger was bor...