Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Keeping busy

After so much reading the news and hoping things would change I decided to get busy with projects and do my best to ignore all that is happening. 
This week I finally made the linen flat sheet to go with the fitted sheet. I love the way it turned out and I have been sleeping like a baby between my new beautiful sheets. Now all I need to do is make two linen pillowcases to complete the set. 
I also made another Tina Givens GIRL dress. The first one I made ended up so large it would surely fit a woman size 4X/5X. I was able to sell it on Etsy. I loved the fabric color and will try to order more of it later. Here is a photo of it 


So I made another try at it. I cut the pattern size down to a Large. After sewing a bit on it and trying it on it was still too big for me. I took it up some more and added the skirt. TG patterns are hard to understand and you just have to figure a lot of it out yourself. I worked on it on and off for three days. I cut, sewed, removed fabric, added fabric back in, ripped out and took up more on the sides and bodice, sewed, tried on again, sewed the pocket on the wrong side with a double stitch and on and on. I embellished with beautiful antique mother of pearl buttons. I finally got it to fit although it is a loose style I am ok with it. It is not exactly what TG GIRL looks like it but close enough. What a challenge! I do love it though. 
Here I am wearing it. 



No comments:

September 26, 2023 What Happened in the Last 4 years

It's been awhile.  So, so much has happened since I last posted. Actually, a lot has happened since the year 2019.  Little Tiger was bor...